Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where's My Snow Shovel??

Options
2»

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Well, don't expect that drive to be very scenic, you will be following the Union Pacific right of way for most of the trip. Our nickname for I-80 is the snow-chi-minh-trail, so be careful....

Especially watch out around Elk Mountain and the hills going into Evanston, they are called the 3 sisters and are a long pull. Since the Stuckey's closed, about the only real point of interest is on the two lane west of Laramie, through Medicine Bow. The Virginian Hotel and bar are there. (Smile when you call me that pardner) Watch out for the truckers too, we only have two interstate highways and I-80 will be full. There is a big truck stop/hotel complex west of Green River, named Little America because the owner of that chain was stranded in a snow storm on that stretch of the highway. He named it after the community in Antarctica. It's a good place to take a break
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • jlspitler
    Options
    whats the highest point i will reach probly on my way to salt lake city. i just looked at the wy road conditions website and they say the whole i-80 is good but a few slick spots around laramie and rawlins and wamsutter. but thanks for the advice on the truckers they have been crazy out here and i know that i-80 will be crazy headed west.
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    Cool, we didn't get nearly that much. And some of it melted to boot. Colder than heck tho.
  • momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    LOL, you don't like the sisters? :laugh:

Supposed to warm up a little here. I like this road report especially the webcams.
    http://www.wyoroad.info/

(Wave when you pass Evanston, I can see the interstate)
  • jlspitler
    Options
    well i just got to the hotel in wendover,ut. the drive down i-80 was not bad at all. i was expecting bigger mountains but i am fine with what i saw. i couldn't have went to jackson anyway they had chain laws in effect so i am glad i went back to casper and came this way. i can't wait to get to san diego to get my egg going. my wife said as soon as teh movers unpack it there better be something on it but i have 2 more weeks to wait so i am trying to figure out what to cook when i get it back.