Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First pizza....

Options
Woody69
Woody69 Posts: 360
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Grilled chicken pizza. Turned out pretty good for the first pizza on the grill. It did stick to the stone a little though.

BGE013.jpg

Comments

• ViennaJack
    Options
    That's a fine looking pie you have there! I'm inspired!
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Good looking pie.A few tips would be to try parchment paper.You assemble the pie on the paper then put it on the stone and the sticking problem is gone.From your picture you might use the three little feet to place between the plate setter and the stone.Last of all sprinkle corn meal on a pizza peel then slide it off.What was the temperature that you cooked the pie? It seems like not all of the cheese melted on the top.
  • Woody69
    Options
    Thanks. I should have mentioned that my wife did it all. She is liking the egg as much as I do !
  • Woody69
    Options
    Temp was about 475. I think I will try the paper next time. We're still learning...
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Most folks run around 500 to 550 temperature wise and pre heat the stone for about 30 minutes before putting the pie on. With that info your next pie will come out better. Don't ever be afraid to ask a question on this forum because you will most always find the answer that you are looking for on most of your cooking questions.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Woody, when dough sticks to a stone, it could be either improper preheating (not hot enough) and/or the moisture level in your dough is too high. I agree with the above comment about the spacer between the setter & stone, it allows the entire stone to reach a uniform temperature without getting too hot. And if the dough is not too sticky when you put it on, the part that contacts the stone will crisp immediately & almost want to pull away from the stone (look at the left part of the pie below). Within a minute or so of putting your pie on, you should be able to spin it around on the stone w/o a problem, good luck & your pie looks great even with the issues you pointed out

IMG_1604.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Woody69
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. We'll see what happens on the next one.