Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin

Options
Jeet
Jeet Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made this pork tenderloin last night. All I did was rub on some Raging River Rub and slappeder on the egg. Cooked indirect at 350 and pulled at internal temp of 160. I’ve been a little under the weather so my son Marcel helped make most of it. We had it with a side of white rice. It was the juiciest pork we’ve had.

Mike
Cumming, GA

PorkTenderloin2.jpg

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Looks great Jeet.

:)
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Mike and Marcel,
    That looks great. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well; Have Marcel make some more good food and nurse you back to health. If you try that with some of the sauce I gave you, you'll be cured! :woohoo: Hope you feel better, Mike.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey Mike,that looks great.Marcel did a fine job ;) I still want you to teach me how to make these though B)

010-1.jpg
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that looks great Jeet...

you got to try stuffing one when you get feeling better::::

Pork, Tenderloin, Stuffed, Tomato, TB

i seen this recepie on the bge forum and decided to try it myself.. i have changed it after i made it and have added the changes here.....

2 Pork Tenderloins Butterflied
    1 bag Spinach
    4 slices cheddar/swiss cheese
    1/2 9 oz jar sundried tomato paste
    4 tbs Water
    butchers twine
    a few shakes of your favorite rub

1 pork tenderloins do not come butterflied so you will have to that on your own.. it is very easy after you do it. it is a little intimidating if you have never done it....
    2 put 4 tbs of water into a big shallow pan.. bring to a boil.. add your bag of spinach and turn until it is all wilted.. remove from the pan and put in a tee towel... squeeze out as much moisture as you can... move spinach to cutting board and chop up... i have not tried using frozen spinach but i guess that would work also just make sure to squeeze out as much water as you can..
    3 lay out your tenderloins on your cutting board and shake some of your favorite rub (i use dizzy pig)
    4 using a spoon spread the sundried tomato paste over the tenderloins
    5 layer in the cheese
    6 last add your chopped spinach
    7 tie up using the butchers twine.. if you are bad at tying knots just use bamboo skewers that might work also
    8 sprinkle the outside with some more of your rub
    9 place tenderloins on a 400 degree egg until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees
    10 place on your cleaned cutting board covered with foil for 5-10 min
    11 pull off your butchers twine or pull out skewers
    12 slice.
    13 enjoy

Recipe Source
    Author: T.Bente

Source: originally on BGE Forum

as i said i have made some changes from the original recepie which i copied from supermarket. com which vienna jack pointed me toward

i have tried doing it with frozen spinach and it works very well i just put it in the microwave until it was thawed and put it in a tee towel and squeezed the water out..

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Jeet
    Options
    Thanks GUYS! Big’un, I am saving your sauce for the next time I do RIBS!! I will certainly let you know how it comes out. Bente, I will give that a shot! I appreciate the recipe. Doug, I will be more than happy to share the recipe! Here goes:

Tamale Dough

Ingredients:

2 cups of Instant corn mix (I get it at Publix)
    2 cups lukewarm chicken broth
    1 tsp baking powder
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2/3 cup lard (also found at Publix by the oils)

Combine instant corn mix, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, work broth with your fingers to make a soft moist dough. In a small bowl, beat lard or shorting until fluffy, add this to moist dough and beat until dough has a spongy texture. Prepare tamales with either shredded pork or shredded chicken made on the egg. We used leftovers. This mixture makes enough for about 16 small tamales.

Tamales

Ingredients:

11/4 lb pork, chicken, beef etc.
    11/2 ounce chile pasilla (these are found at the Mexican specialty store and are desiccated)
    1/8 cup corn oil
    ¾ cup water
    ½ tbs salt
    16 corn husks (these are found at Publix and are also desiccated)
    All of the above dough

Soak corn husks for about an hour. Soak chile pastille in water for 15 min to rehydrate. Remove stems, and seeds and place in blender with the ¾ cup of water. You may have to eye ball the amount of water to make it smooth. Add the chili mixture with which ever meat you want in a sauté for about 7 min.

The assembly

Spread dough evenly over corn husks, place a tablespoon of meat chili mixture in the center. Fold all sides to the center and tie with baker’s string. This will be the most difficult part of all. I use two husks to form like a pocket then tie. Steam for an hour and serve. This tastes great with your favorite hot sauce. I brought Tabasco to our get-together. Remember do NOT eat the husk.

Take care!

Mike P.
    Cumming, GA
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey thanks for the recipe Mike.I'm not that good at following directions though :whistle: Maybe when I get my new smokehouse built,you could come over and show me how ;) I really want to try them,but I know I can't make them that pretty :blush: Hope you start feeling better soon ;)
  • Jeet
    Options
    You name the time and we'll be there! :)

Take care!!

Mike P.
  • Dan in StL
    Options
    I did a pork tenderloin last night too. Did mine with Dizzy Dust, indirect, lots of cherry wood, and about 250-275. I did two of them, Internal temp on one was reading between 145 and 150 on one, and 175 on the other when I pulled them. Can't explain the variances in temp since they both appeared to be identical in size.

Anyway, we ate one of them last night and it was specatularly moist and tender. It's a nice quick cook and one of my favorites.