Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en: Back to our beginnings

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The beginning of time that is. CAVEMAN DAYS!! ;) Started out making a sause for the chops from Big Guy Bites on the food network channel.

2 tablespoons oil
2 jalapenos, cut into rings
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1 cup apricot preserves

This is becoming my favorite sause for fish or pork. I cooked it uncovered at 350 for about 2 hrs with smoke till rendered down just relaxing with a few brews.
09-22-09033.jpg

Next two ribeyes and four one inch chops with a stick of sausage.
09-22-09034.jpg

Stoke up the Egg till coals are red and knock down the ash with billy bar.
09-22-09036.jpg

Close bottom vent and top full open and toss on the chops two min. a side till desired doneness.
09-22-09038.jpg

09-22-09039.jpg

The smell was wonderfull!! :woohoo:
09-22-09041.jpg

Nex the ribeyes. Wife wanted them on the rack as from a new source we rode to today to try about 25 miles out of town.
09-22-09042.jpg

OK flash backs are real!! I work with high strength acids so not real excitable about this sort of thing but not the best smell in the world!! :laugh:
This is my forarm after lifting the lid to quick.
09-22-09043.jpg

And of course Jake approved!
09-22-09044.jpg

09-22-09047.jpg

Comments

• AuntieEgger
    Options
    Nice cook JLOCKHEART29. Looks like Jake likes the ice cubes LOL
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    JL, you better be careful, someone might get the idea you like meat :P
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    Meat lovers dinner! You guys are trying a new source? Nice-looking steaks, and the sauce for the chops sounds like a real good one...I like the shot of your "office" with the BGE and your laptop in the dark. I'm hoping that it gets cooler outside so that I can start cooking some more. Oh yeah...ya gotta have some long gloves for those high-temp cooks :) Don't worry, it'll grow back.

Take care,
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Put some limom in the tea and he was tasting it. :laugh:
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Getting good beef CONSISTANTLY is a pain around hear. My usuall butcher is as Forest Gump said " is like a box of chocklets, you never know what you going to get" :laugh: Best meat in town but that doesn't mean anything else. The small town down the road has a store that does meat so decided to try. He cut my chops off a long slab in front of me. They were good but the ribeys were just ok. For $22 just for the two stakes and just ok didn't really impress me. O well it was worth a shot.