Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cleaning idea & Great turkey results

Options
Chef Arnoldi
Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i came up with a great way to clean the BGE: take a grocery store plastic bag & slide each hand loop over the top of egg nest supporting arms, so that the bag opening is under the lower vent- now i use the ash tool to scrape the ash direcly into the bag & when done, just lift the bag off the egg nest & dispose.[p]my 14# injcted turkey (1/8cup maple syrup + 7/8cup water) was smoked with 2 handfull soaked maple chips over platesetter with drip pan @ 280°F. The ouside was sprinkled with Lawry's saeason salt.
With breast side up & remote thermometer in breast (not touching the bone) i pulled the turkey when 165°F was reached. i double checked the thigh temp which was 175°F. i let it rest for 10min. and then proceeded to remove the leg/thighs & wings. Then i removed the breastsfrom the breast bone & carved each into slices.
the legs & wings were also deboned & sliced as dark meat.
(some of the legg/thighs were still a little under done, so i put them facing up in a regular oven to finish off cooking).
Result: the turkey was so juicy that most family members did't even use the gravy. It tasted like HAM.