Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hittin' the Road.....

Options
egret
egret Posts: 4,170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Joan and I are headed out today for a trip to the Western Mediterranean. We're flying in to Barcelona, Spain for three days, then on an eleven day cruise to Italy, France, Corsica, Gibraltar and Morocco.
This retired life is rough duty!! :woohoo:
We'll be back Oct. 10th......in time to do some serious preparation for the fest! Look forward to seeing ya'll there.
I'm gonna miss all the trash talk, though, in the next couple of weeks. I know Mike, Max and Chubby will defend my otherwise good name as needed!??
I'll try to pop in sometime during the trip....if possible! :S

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Take lots of pics, that sounds like a trip Kim and I would like. Have a great time! -RP
  • Firestarter21
    Options
    Be sure and see Sagrada Familia while you are there. If you can handle heights definitely go to the top and see the views! It was an awesome experience, I looked over the edge and my knees were shaking uncontrollably and I didn't think heights even bothered me :woohoo: . Have a great time and take lots of pictures.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Funny you should mention that.. I flew airplanes for a good part of my life (40 years) and never had the slightest fear of soaring off into the wild blue yonder. Not long ago, I was climbing a 50' observation tower (a massive structure, built to survive a CAT 5 hurricane) at a local nature preserve and barely made it to the top! Now I'm wondering, what's up with this?? Does acrophobia sometimes appear later in life, or after one is 'grounded'? The feeling was akin to my fear of snakes! Perhaps I should take to the air again and free myself from earthly bounds!? I dunno...

Laying low for now, Rascal
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Have fun!!!

Be on the lookout for my mom & her sisters - they are over in Italy! :)
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    Have a great trip. Looking to hear how you enjoyed it as my wife wants to go on a Med cruise next year.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    that sounds like a lot of fun john i hope ya'll have a great trip.. like others said take lots of pictures ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AZRP
    Options
    Funny you should mention that, I'm deathly afraid of heights and flying doesn't bother me at all. Besides being a pilot, I flew hang gliders for years and thought nothing of running right of a 2000 foot cliff. I think it is because I have control of the situation, tall buildings, glass elevators, and such scare me. -RP
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I was in this one a few weeks ago and it has 50 floors.It was pretty neat Randy.
    Larry

lwaug08031.jpg
    [IMG][/img]lwaug08020.jpg
    lwaug08038.jpg
  • AZRP
    Options
    Is that in the Peabody? -RP
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    It's the Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta.I have stayed in the hotel every year for 20 years and really like this hotel.
    Larry
  • Little Steven
    Options
    egret,

You are of course taking a mini with you. Show those Mediterraneans how to cook something.

Steve ;)

Steve 

Caledon, ON