Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimconpeños – Maiden Voyage of the Mini

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, this was a bad attempt at inventing a new word, lets just call’m ABT’s with shrimp, bacon, jalapeños, goat cheese, & sage, seasoned with Benoits Cajun Seasoning. More importantly, it was the first cook on the mini. I thought it appropriate that it be broken in with splattering hog fat of some variety. To round out the typical football Sunday grub, wings & pies were made on big brother at the same time; I think I’m gonna like the versatility of dueling eggs:

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Options
    Nice spread for gameday! The ABTs and pies look great, Marc. You must have already polished off the wings, eh? :) The shot with the uncooked ABTs looked like the lid on mini was not going to be able to shut.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    almost didn't, the way I figured out how many I could put was I brought the grid down to my garden & picked enough peppers to cover half (cuz I was cutt'n them in half), worked out great - put on 2 shots of the pie & forgot the wings, they were outstanding as well
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania