Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still using my gas grill

Options
BostonEggSox
BostonEggSox Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, not really. I've owned my LGE for 10 months and can honestly say I've yet to "cook" on the old Charbroil since. However, until I make a table, it does serve a purpose sitting right next to my Egg.

100_1477.jpg

Comments

• Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    Good use of outlived equipment, Sox.

Walt
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    I literally gave away my Weber gasser after 6 months or so of not using it after I got my first egg. It really was a decent gas grill that never gave me a lick of trouble in ten years of cooking on it. But it had to go when I started making plans for a secong egg and needed the room :woohoo: There really is no comparison between the 2 cookers and out the door the gasser went! I did keep my large Weber kettle though, on the rare occasion that I need more grilling space it is handy to have around (that third egg is somewhere in my future :laugh: , but not quite here yet.
  • UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    That looks familiar
  • Pharmeggist
    Options
    I got rid of my storage unit uh hum gas grill and applied the money at the time to my small BGE to compliment my Large.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My wife is not a fan of the Egg. She still refers to the gasser as "The Grill" as in "we should cook on the grill sometime"

I've had my Egg for just over 2 years and I've only used the gasser once (maybe twice)in that time for a quick cook after work that was most disappointing. That was during the first year, since then I've found out how to cook after work on the Egg.

I don't think it will ever make it to the curb though as my wife thinks it is "The Grill".
  • Rollocks
    Options
    We had a block party a few weeks ago, burgers were cooked on a gasser. My 3 year old daughter wouldn't eat them. Man am I proud of her.
  • Rollocks
    Options
    Also with the recent week long power outage in my area, due to Ike (whoever thought a hurricane would hit Cincinnati) I did all the cooking on my eggs. Glad I keep 10 bags of lump on hand.

My neighbors were scrambling to get propane, apparently there is a shortage. I gave away the 2 20 lb tanks I had sitting around for the last 4 years. Both neighbors offered to return them full. I told them to bring me a bag or two of lump instead.