Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Used BGE med

Options
BamaBackdraft
BamaBackdraft Posts: 318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Future son in law has a co-worker who wants to sell him his med. with nest, platesetter, pizza stone, grill extender for $400. Sounded like a good price to me. He's in school till Dec. and money is tight but can swing this price. What yall think? Told him about the warrenty issue.

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Hi BamaBackdraft,
    I just checked my invoice for about the same equipment at last years Florda Eggfest and it was just over $600.00. So based on that I think it's a good deal.
    Happy Eggin Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    If its in good condition, has the current spring-supported bands, etc., it sounds like a decent deal. The only question is whether it will meet his needs - if not, its a deal for someone else.
  • East Cobb Eggy
    Options
    This EGGtoberfest's demo egg prices.

Prices (including tax) are as follows:

XL $899.95 Large $599.95 Medium $489.95 Small $379.95 Mini
    $269.95

This would not include a platesetter, grid extender, or pizza stone.

However, it would be near new on the latest spec include an ash tool, some lump, and a lifetime warrantee.

Greg
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Dang-it!!! wrong place.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    In Reply to: Re:Used BGE med posted by East Cobb Eggy on 2008/09/19 00:04:31
    On the medium and if it is his first egg, I would spend more and get a new large without question.

Or the price would have to be about $300, it would have to be a deal.

GG