Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey YB - follow up to yesterday

Options
Fidel
Fidel Posts: 10,172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Larry,

I dug up an old photo of the 66 Chevy II after the conversation yesterday.

With slicks on & headers open it ran 7.38 E.T. @ 108 MPH in the 1/8 mile & 11.35 @ 129 in the 1/4 mile.

My brother's senior year of high school he made a lot of money with this car.

1966ChevyII.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    wish they still made cars like that one ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    After high school I had a '67 Camaro Z-28 white with black stripes. That 302 sure was a fun ride. I spent a lot of money on rear tires.

Bente, they still do make them like they used to, if one wants to spend the money.

Mustang Cobra, the Hemi Charger is supposed to be out this next season, hopefully there will be a big engine on the 2010/2009 camaro - gorgeous looking.

And of course there is the Z-71 2009 Vette. The 67 327 sting ray if I recall was $3,500 thereabouts.

I couldn't afford/justify a new vette any more than I could afford/justify the '67 back then.

Those years were hard but they were also really fun times to be alive.

It was great to go down and drag state street. (spent more time trying to pick up girls than draggin). Vetts, xke's, cobra's, Aspins. Beach Boy concerts and more trying to pick up girls. 'Trying' was the is what mostly happened. Of course there were the drive in movies.

Thanks, for the trip down memory lane.

GG
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yea the hhr looks alot like the older modle cars but gm just recalled 900,000 of them..

i do like the looks of the new camaro. it should be out soon as well i had a 84 to learn to drive with... crashed it the first day out by myself :blush:

but it did get me interested in cars.. now i am in the car business (well the auctioning of cars B) )

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Once a hot roder always a hot roder!! :laugh: What you say your bagger had in it?
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Heck, you should be able to get some great deals on cars.

Kent
  • Fidel
    Options
    This bagger is pretty stock - just a few mods, basically a Stage I with a PowerCommander.

The Road King I had before the Glide was a monster. Custom milled heads and cylinders, dome pistons, the works. It put out 103HP on the dyno drags in Daytona - from the early model twinkie engine. That is before they came out with the 103" stroker kit.
  • Inksmyth
    Options
    I had a 67 Chevy II SS. Black 327 4 speed.
    Bad ass ride.
  • Fidel
    Options
    This one was a 355 bored .030 over

My brother was the man in St. Joe and Cameron back in the early 90s with that ride.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    My first car was a 69 road runner 383. sure wish I had that back. Dealer gave me $350 trade in when I bought my AMX :(