Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WOK Chicken and Brocolli - General Tsos!

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This recipe is a ALL BREAST variation on my original General Tso's Wok Chicken. Serves 3-4 and is quick, easy, fun to prepare and tasty. If you enjoy Chinese, Chicken and Broccoli you’ll love this one and from start to finish you are only obligating about 30 minutes tops!

WOKCHICKEN2.jpg

Ingredients
2 bags Boil in bag rice
1 Head Fresh Broccoli
2 1/2 Large Chicken Breasts, Boneless
4 Green Onions, Diced
1 strong cup Iron Chef Sauce – General TSOS
1 cup Snap Peas
6-8 large cloves Diced Fresh Garlic
1 Small Can Water Chestnuts - Sliced
1/3 cup EVOO

DSC00455.jpg

Preparation Directions
1. Boil rice and set aside
2. Cut Chicken Breast into bite size pieces and set aside

Cooking Directions

•Fire up the Big Green Egg to full flame (T-REX HOT 500 degrees minimum) - Place Wok on Grid at fire ring level and add Water then place Bamboo Steamer on Wok (two layers, one with broccoli and one with snap peas and water chestnuts.

DSC00456.jpg

•Steam for 20 minutes and remove

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

Dump off water and add EVOO; when oil is hot add the chicken and stir for 30 seconds then mix in the garlic and green onions and stir until the chicken is cooked completely 5-8 minutes;

DSC00457.jpg

•Dump on Iron Chef sauce and stir continuously;
•Add broccoli, water chestnuts and snap peas and stir for 3 minutes

Remove from heat and serve immediately over rice.

Visit my blog!
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments