Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

food slicer?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking at the chefs choice 610 and a older rival food slicer on craigs listhttp[url]://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hsh/809780254.html[/url]Anyone have any experience on either one? I will only use it for deli cuts. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I use a chef's choice 632. It is great. The 630 is the same except for the tilt feature.

Well made product and not too bad with cleanup.

Enjoy Jared Allen - the Chiefs miss him badly :angry:
  • Thanks for the response. Is it worth the $200 extra for the tilt feature?
  • civil eggineer
    Options
    I purchased a Torrey slicer off of ebay. They thing is the size and weight of a compact car. :S It works fantastic but a little larger then I care to lug around. :huh:
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    The tilt feature was only $30 difference when I bought mine. I like it because the meat/cheese feeds easily.

Another good option is to add the non-serrated blade. It works much better for thinly sliced meats.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I have a 610 and only used it a few times. Today I sliced some paper thin Canadian Bacon for pizzas. It shredded my warm pit beef one time.
    i haven't tried partially frozen bottom round roast though. I'm trying that soon for beef jerky.
    Mike
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    After studying everything I could get my hands on I went with Chef's Choice model 630. Like Fidel said the only difference between the 630 and 632 is the ability to tilt the cutting head. When I got mine about 9 months ago the cost difference was only about $50. The 630/32 is a big step up from the 610 and worth every penny. I used mine to slice up an eye round roast that was turned into pit beef tonight. Just had a great sandwich. Can't beat Nature Boys recipe for pit beef.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.