Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New Table: Supply List

Options
Buxwheat
Buxwheat Posts: 727
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When designing this table, Doug did a great job with the specs. All materials were used except for a tiny bit of scrap. So for those folks that need a shopping list, here is what we used. Afterwards I will give suggestions, for those who follow, for what could have been substituted/added.

1# 8x2 1/2 Tan Phillips Deck Screws
1# 9x3 1/2 Tan Phillips Deck Screws
4 - 3" Swivel Grey Wheels (Lowes #4219)
9 - 2x4x8 Top Choice Treated
5 - 5/4x6x10 Standard Treated

Total:$96.45

What we lacked:
Didn't have enough screws (3 1/2").

What we should have bought:
Screws with Torx heads instead of Phillips heads.
#10 Screws for securing the wheels. (Bigger head won't pull through casters. I also bought a bag of 25 1/4" flat washers for putting between screw heads and casters to make a more secure attachment.)

We made the legs with the 2x4's doubled up. In retrospect, we should have bought only 6 - 2x4x8's and used 4x4's for the legs. For my table we made the legs 28.5", so it would have needed 9.5 board feet of 4x4's. So, two 4x4x8's. I figure making these substitutions/changes would have brought the total cost up to less than $110, so still not a very expensive project.

Comments