Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New twist on burgers

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Don't know where I saw this, but I used cube steak in place of ground beef for hamburgers. I put them in a zip lock bag with some "Raising the Steak” rub and a dash of Wistershire sauce for a hour before grilling on a hot grill. I told no one, just dressed them with lettuce, tomatoes and onions.

You would have thought I had discovered a cure for cancer. People commented on the texture and flavor. Humm, I will have to play with this more! Here is a quick picture after grilling. I think some cheese would be good next time too!

P3090003.jpg

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    OHHH had a bunch of those done from the last side of beef we got and was trying to come up with something good to do with them. instead of the typical. Julie
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Looks good! Back in May I posted this burger called the Gebby Burger. It's unique blend of cheeses added with some grilled onions just kicks your burger another notch!

There's a local family restaurant in town named Gebby's. It's a homey place with a quirk in that it only operates one shift per day. It opens at 6:00 AM and closes 8 hours later at 2:00 PM. Something I love from there is called a Gebby Burger. I finally decided this isn't rocket science and I'm now duplicating them at home on my BGE.

1 Starting with a 1/3# patty I wet it with Worcestershire,
    2 then sprinkle on Dizzy Pig's Cow Lick Steak Rub and some garlic salt.
    3 Egg for 4/4/2 at 400°
    4 During the last 2 minutes I add a stack of cheeses consisting of 1 slice each of American, Swiss and hot pepper.
    5 Top with grilled onions and dill pickle slices.
    6 That is one yummy sandwich!!! That blend of cheeses may sound quirky but it works!
    7 Hail to the Gebby Burger!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    I saw that and it looked great!! I saved the recipe and it is in a folder of things to do (the folder keeps getting thicker)

Funny thing about cube steak burgers are they remain thin, so double burgers may be in line for the guys next time. That was one of the comments from people. "How did you keep them so thin??"