Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatties

Options
Chuck/Tx
Chuck/Tx Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there a Fattie recipe among the forum recipes? I can't find it if there is.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yep it is right here

http://www.wessb.com/Cooks/fatty/fattys.htm

just not on the egg site but this will help ;)

DSCN0603.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chuck/Tx
    Options
    I looked at this recipe and it appears to be nothing more than a sausage with the casing removed, spice added, and smoked. But, I've seen pictures of a "fatty" sliced open and it appeared to be a roll of meat such as chicken with vegetables inside. I'm confused, please advise me.
  • rockytopsc
    Options
    looks good, maybe the next thing to attempt.
  • BENTE
    Options
    you can do them so many diffrent ways it would be impossible to count.... but if you want a number it is somewhere around as many dimples you got on your egg..

but the procedure is always the same season the outside and slow smoke..

this one is stuffed with a cream cheese stuffed jalapeno

2008-5-23003.jpg

this one was rolled with caramelized onion and poblano pepper

101_0422.jpg

this one was my first try

101_0365.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    really an easy cook just make sure when you are done smoking it to wrap it in foil and place in the fridge until it is cold i like it served cold..

BTW i have some dizzy pig you can try on your first one.. that will make you order some from the factory :lol:
    just let me know we will meet up or you can just stop by ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chuck/Tx
    Options
    I'm beginning to understand, thanks. To me, the "meat" in the picture of the one stuffed with cream cheese and japalino looks more like chicken or something other than sausage. The meat in others I've seen looked the same way, i.e. not like sausage. That has been what confused me. Thanks for your help.
  • rockytopsc
    Options
    got some pizza going right now while glancing at the VOLS. later some tater skins & boars in a rug (we name em based on their size). i'll take you on some of the rub to try, since i see it alot here. later.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Chuck, try THIS link...it has a step by step on fatties...then use your imagination as to what you put in them....
  • Chuck/Tx
    Options
    Got it bookmarked, thanks. Good illustrations & explanations. Glad to finally learn what a fatty is and how they are made, stuffed, etc.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    be very very careful...these are extremely habit forming!!..by the way..if you do with bisquits..just get the cheap ol pillsbury layer biquits....
  • Chuck/Tx
    Options
    I LOVE sausage and I LOVE biscuits, so it won't take much to addict me to them. LOL