Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Putting LBGE in table

Options
safetyman
safetyman Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am putting the final coats of spar urethane on my large table. How best to get the 'egg' into the table? Should I assemble the 'egg' by putting the lower unit into the table first and then put the top on, due to the reduced weight. Thanks to one and all on the great tips on finishing the table, it looks great, pictures will follow, once it is finished.

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Without help thats the best way. Even with help I would still take out the firebox and ring. Do Not try to lift with the bands. Looking forward to the pics.
  • safetyman
    Options
    Thanks FlaPoolman, that is what I thought. I didn't see any reason to assemble it outside of the table and then lift the whole thing up into the table. Definately a NO NO, lifting by the bands. From what I have read it looks like fire brick is the best to set it on, better than patio squares.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I would also use the feet between the egg and firebrick. This is what my table looked like under the stone before using the feet.

101_2117.jpg

101_2118.jpg

Hope this helps.