Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork chops...how to cook?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi y'all,
While Qbabe is away, I am cooking on her egg (don't tell her!). I am going to cook some boneless pork chops, maybe 1/2" thick, that were in the freezer. We haven't done these in the egg, but when we did them in the past, on our old gas grill (now a storage table for the egg stuff), they were always dry, and awful. So the questions... direct, or indirect? What temp? How long? I am going to try an Adobe marinade out of Raichlen's book.[p]Thanks!

Comments

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Qbabe's husband,[p]Since you're contemplating a marinade, one option is to grill the 1/2" chops at 450°F. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes a side, then dwell (if necessary). Pull from grill when the internal temp reaches 145°F.[p]Puj

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Qbabe's husband,
    Best you don't break it, or you will be living on the chestfield when she gets home. Now that you know this, which i am sure you did, the best advise i can give, is, to let it rest for 5 mins or better before you cut into it.[p]Earl