Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket help please

Options
NOODIE
NOODIE Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback

Please help how do I install a new gasket

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    Easy Peazy. Remove the old one completely. Use Acetone, rubbing alcohol, or any solvent which evaporates completely. Then take your gasket and cut it in half. Peel (4-6") of the backing off the adhesive and stick it to the base and dome evenly. Keep repeating until you are all the way around. Try to align the inside of the gasket with the inside of the egg. Let the excess hang to the outside. DO NOT STRETCH the gasket while installing.
  • siewchal
    Options
    After the second use, my BGE gasket literally fell off. The dealer cleaned the area with Acetone, then sprayed 777 spray adhesive over the surface to where the new gasket would be applied. After a few minutes of drying, he applied the new gasket, just as Mike S suggested. I have had no problem in many weeks of usage.