Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT, But Food Related

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We left home because of Hurricane Gustav. So here at the hotel I meet these 2 guys, I believe they are brothers. They are from the coast, and have experienced hurricanes before. Yesterday they and I were watching the tv in the lobby and the local news showed how bad the weather would be here today. So today I go out to my car and they are complaining to me that they can't get anything to eat because "all the stupid restaurants are CLOSED!!!!" I was not going to do it, BUT they had to ask "what are you guys GONNA DO?" I said "well, a few days ago we cooked a couple of pork butts, and a fattie." Their faces dropped. I felt bad, but don't ever ask a question if you are not ready for whatever the answer might be. After taking stock, I realized we could share a little, so I brought them some food. Who would evacuate with no food?