Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

10 # brisket

Options
Metalhead
Metalhead Posts: 668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am in my ninth hour of my brisket cook and all seems
great so far....I woke up this morning to check on it and the fire had tried burning only to one side.

I am using the guru so I shut it down, removed the meat and platesetter and added chracoal and stirred the coals.

Now it looks like rain down here in the ATL. I hate to have my guru on during the rain even though I stole RRP's idea to put it in a tupperware bowl.

Any ideas for keeping connections like the plug DRY?

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Options
    Might want to make a shield out of some foil. You could try and put the connections in the tupperware. and tape over the wires as they leave the box.
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    I use freezer size ziplock bags for the plugs. The transformer and outlet plug fit in nicely. Once all is in the bag zip it as far as you go go with it and then fold the seem under under everything. As for removing the meat, platsetter and everything else next time try Lawn Rangers, Long Ranger. Besides working great it looks even better. You can even show off to your company when you use it and watch the look on their faces when arranging the coals.

http://www.lawnrangerbbq.com/products.htm#long_ranger
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    just make sure the wire come up from below, hate to have water travel down the wires and past your protection. Not that I'm speakding from experience or anything.....dang it! T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Metalhead
    Options
    well thanks for all the advice guys....it ended up only
    drizzling for a few minutes but it sure did look like
    rain. I ended up pulling the egg under my soffit/overhang which is unusually long....of course
    that meant I had to be outside with it.

I took the 10# "mammoth of meat" off at 130 pm after
    15 1/2 hours of cooking...and it was my best ever.

I preread thirdeyes ongoing advice on briskets and jumped in the deep end. I took it off at 160-170 and wrapped in foil with some vinegar and BBQ sauce(the cheap kind) and I amazed myself....I might be getting the hang of this brisket thang.

My neighbors home grown italian green beans, corn cooked in the husk on the BGE and that brisket

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Metalhead
    Options
    :woohoo: no message