Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

last night\'s ribs- best yet

Options
Jazzman
Jazzman Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did baby backs last night. I used some cherry wood for smoke. Dome temp was rock solid at 250 the entire time:
DSCN0624.jpg

Put the ribs on the rib rack - a little mustard and some dizzy dust:
DSCN0625.jpg

Cooked for 3 hours. Basted with a little honey, added some apple juice, and foiled for one hour. Here they are after foiling:
DSCN0626.jpg

Finishing up with a coating of Sweet Baby Ray's:
DSCN0627.jpg

These were the best ribs yet (3rd try). The difference was that I wrapped the ribs in two layers of heavy-duty foil, sealed really well. I think my foiling was too loose on my other tries. I like the Sweet Baby Ray's a bit better than the other sauces I've tried. I think it's because it's a good sauce, but rather "plain", so that the smoke flavor comes through, with just a touch of the BBQ sauce. Some of the other sauces I've tried are so distinct, they cover up the rub and smoke flavors - JMO. These were tender, almost fall-off-the-bone, but with just a bit of bite (perfect for me). Super smokey - everyone raved about them. Served with baby red potatoes in a garlic/butter/onion/dill sauce, and some green beans with pancetta, tomatoes, and onions. Sorry there are no plate pictures - I intended on taking some, but got distracted by the great looking ribs!

Comments