Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TAA DAA New Mini Stand

aaind
aaind Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Life is good ,got my new mini found the leak and now a new stand ,
these mini are awsome going to make plate setter soon ,BANG FOR THE $
I think these are way over looked !
Take a look at the steak from friday on the mini

Dave

100_0364.jpg

100_0360.jpg

Comments

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    aaind:

Very nice. Remember to pull it don't push it. It looks like it may be top heavy. Great looking steak.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Dave, I just posed the below questions to bill & I'd like your spin to:

"bill, regarding the mini, although I have never seen one in person, from the pictures I have seen on the forum, it looks pretty small. I was wondering how you even fit large chunks of lump into that little fella (or do you just put in the smaller chunks), what (for example) you can fit on the grid, given its size, is your food only a few inches from the burning lump, & finally, given your experience would you recommend a mini or would you go with a small as a second egg?"
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    make that "spin too"
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    I love all my eggs
    1st large and it still the standard to measure all from ( Very Very Stable )up tp 30 hrs at 225. If i could only have one this is the one I would have

2nd small I thought it was and is the best 2nd egg

3rd now the mini these are so cool !! I have it at 225 right now to see how long you can go maybe not the best slow cooker smoker but am going to try ,
    But burger dogs bratt steaks ect ect still the most over looked EGG
    600 in 15 min DID IT MANY TIMES NOW $229.00 Retail What a buy
    Think you can go all summer on 20 lb bag of coal ,Have done 3 cooks on 1 fill

Dave
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    For me the mini is NOT THE FIRST egg a person should get. I love my LBGE but with 90% of our cooks it is the mini for 2 or 3 people. I have made a plate setter out of a 2 for 9.00 pizza stone from Amazon.com. I use 3 slot shields from a computer case. I am on the look for long s hooks so I can get the stone a little lower.
    The other stone is for 9 inch personal pizza and small round bread or biscuits. I get off of work have the mini at temp in 15 minutes and 30 min at most later dinner is ready with a hadful of lump used.
    I have done 4lb butts and whole beer can chicken on the mini. TYhe chicken howto is at freds BBQ site. The butt did take a refill of lump at the 3.5 hour level.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Qutoe ""bill, regarding the mini, although I have never seen one in person, from the pictures I have seen on the forum, it looks pretty small.:"

Hence the name Mini - absolutely love mine and use it as much as any of the other eggs and way more than the med & small put together.

GG
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    A small would be my choice for a second egg. But I would not give up my mini for anything. we use it A LOT and will be taking it to FL this winter to keep our med down there company.