Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Warrior

Options
brookaf
brookaf Posts: 34
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Would anyone recommend the Weekend Warrior Digital Thermometer with stainless probe? I am saving for a thermapen but in the meantime I need something that will last until then.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Keep saving for the Thermapen. -RP
  • brookaf
    Options
    I need something in the meantime for some cooks this week. Are there any digital probe thermometers that you would recommend?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    nothing works as well as a thermapen for quick reads. if your doing low and slow butts or brisket, big roasts, or even a turkey any probe thermometer will work, even the old fashioned dial thermometers that you leave in the roast during the cook will work. for the faster reads on steak doneness though, a thermapen is the way to go.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    For roasts, butts, and the like, I use a remote probe thermometer I got at Target in the kitchen section, around $15. -RP
  • brookaf
    Options
    I looked on their website and they have several different brands. Which one did you go with?
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    If your walmart has any left they had a wireless cooking thermometer for 14.99 that works good.
    Check it out
  • Pyro
    Pyro Posts: 101
    Options
    Amazon has a Poulder for $14.95 with remote readout. The one with time and temp costs $25. Accurate and reliable. A poulder is a tool you will want very soon. Buy one now and save the difference for a CI Grill.

Do get the Thermapen when it fits into the budget. I use mine for everything from meatloaf to steaks and roasts whether I am cooking inside or out.