Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Korean BBQ Ribs

TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are the ribs. The Eggshot looking good here.

IMG_0293.jpg

The plated dish. The best pieces were the thin ones. I think the boneless ribs were a mistake.Next time real ribs cut thinner. Nice flavor. Good but a little chewwy with the thick pieces. I'll try them again.
IMG_0295.jpg

Comments

• JimS
    JimS Posts: 78
    Just did some today also But i did the overnite marinade and then slowcooked at 250 for 3 hrs and then 1 hour in foil. Turned out great,moist and tender, for someone who did not know what I was doing. I had the chuck short ribs and someone said they don't need to be cooked fast. your's looked great tho.
  • TomM24
    JimS:

Glad yours came out good. I marinaded overnite as well. I just think they were too fat.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    They do look real good.....How many hours did you cook them? That may be the answer. Also a 48 hour marinade is used by many folks, this helps break down the meat tremendously.

I know most recipes are similar, I have the one DobieDad gave me and one from a chef I know (his makes a huge quantity), would you post yours just for comparison sake?
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    greetings,
    i was just wondering how you knew the cow was Korean?
    they look tastey, i have done them before but for a longer time at 225, normally about 6 hours and they come out pretty tender. you just have to be careful not to get them to thin for that long of a cook...
  • TomM24
    I marinaded them overnight. They took about 20 minutes to cook at 350 dome and the bigger pieces were still on the rare side longer may have been better since the thinner pieces were better.