Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Damaged dome

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My cousin's med egg dome was broke during a storm. A tree crashed onto it. Anyone know where you can get a new one on the net. I know the offical web site says any purchase over the net voids the warranty but I don't think she's worried about that. Thanks T

Comments

• why doesn't she go to her dealer??
    shipping costs probably outweigh time and travel?
    if that fails scroll down 2 posts
    local dealer is the place to go..
  • I would go to a local dealer or call the BGE office in Georgia, (770)938-9394.
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    There are several Internet dealers that sell (or at least sold when I last looked quite a while ago) parts. Presuming she bought her original Egg from a dealer and has the bill of sale, and skating a bit on the edge here, I suspect that BGE would not be able to tell that a specific part was bought from another source. And, of course, they claim that the prohibition is only to protect the customer, not the dealers or the company. It seems to me your risk would be in receiving the dome intact and as advertised.

Of course the preferred course of action would be to call the mothership and order direct or from a bricks-and-mortar dealer.