Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Curious - Dbl foiling butts then into cooler?

Options
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but just hadn't got up the nerve. Is there some reason to double foil butts and put them into a cooler with towels OTHER than just "holding" the meat? I have done probably 20 pork butts in the last year and have never done this; just taken off the egg and immediately shredded. Does this technique somehow enhance the finished product? :huh: Mark

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    The cooler method is to allow the hot meat to remain hot for a period of time.

However, you should always allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes or so. This allows the meat to settle down, plus it does cook for a few more minutes out side of the cooker.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Options
    Hi Pete, and thanks. I guess when I said immediately, I should have said, "as soon as it's cool enough to handle." Thank you for clearing that up for me. I look forward to meeting you and your wife in Atlanta. Very best regards, Mark