Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sugar Maple Grilled Trout

Options
thirdeye
thirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC05909JPGa.jpg

Oh boy, what's better than catching trout and keeping a few? Well, Egging them of course. I filleted and de-boned these, leaving the skin on. Two were seasoned with Tsunami Spin, pepper blend, fresh dill and a lemon slice. The others got some salt & pepper, a slather of tartar sauce and fresh dill. Cooked to an internal of 135°.

I used a raised grate with a pretty hot fire, and some of my hand cut sugar maple wood I received from Vermont....thanks Jim.

DSC05901JPGa.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Nothing like fresh trout, I`m so much inland can`t really get much fresh fish.....was that breakfast? ................................................................................can just imagine a poached egg on the side with some melted cheese on top....guess I`m hungry now. Have a good day!!!!
  • thirdeye
    Options
    Heheee. One of them was. I had a bagel & cream cheese on the side.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Looks scrumptious! You're fortunate to live in a place where seafood is readily available (I could never move away from the coast)! I have a friend who lives in Salt Lake City and he's lucky enough to have a connection with an outfit that flies fresh fish in from Amarillo every day!~~
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Amarillo? :huh:

Rascal wrote:
    Looks scrumptious! You're fortunate to live in a place where seafood is readily available (I could never move away from the coast)! I have a friend who lives in Salt Lake City and he's lucky enough to have a connection with an outfit that flies fresh fish in from Amarillo every day!~~
  • thirdeye
    Options
    DSC03949a2.jpg

Bro,

You must have me confused with another Egger. Those are Rocky Mountain Trout. :laugh: I live about 400 miles northeast of Salt Lake City, at 5300' elevation. My house is right under the arrow. we have a whopping 3 stores that carry fresh seafood.

But it's not that bad.....I can fish for 6 or 7 kinds of trout, walleye, northern pike, perch, and ling. And of course we have Rocky Mountain oysters. In the winter, this is how we do 'er.

DSC01546ab.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    You guys have walleye up there? Wish we did. Trout is about all that's here and the fishing isn't that great.

So do you do rocky mountain oysters on the egg? :laugh:
  • thirdeye
    Options
    Nope .... buy 'em and fry 'em. I just go nuts over them.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• momcooks
    momcooks Posts: 247
    Options
    ROTFL...I'm sure you do. That's all I can say..