Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dutch Oven as Platesetter

Options
The Sheik of Djbouti
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Guys,

Anne-Caroline here. I broke my platesetter and have been using my dutch oven as a height extender instead and have had terrific luck with this. The dutch oven (not inverted) will catch drippings from whatever you are cooking and will also hold liquid to disseminate if you so desire. The cast iron holds heat well and actually aids in stabilizing my temperature on my egg. I have been setting it up with the normal grate at the bottom, then my cast iron dutch oven placed on top and not inverted and then my cast iron grate on top of that. It works perfectly! I highly recommend this method and am actually only going to buy another plate setter so I can invert it and cook pizzas instead... although on second thought I think I might have better luck inverting the cast iron dutch oven instead, achieving high heat with the heated cast iron. Anybody else had a similar experience?

AC

Comments