Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BAT/Format C Trojan in this group

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2 times last night while surfing this list and once so far today, my ESET NOD 32 antivirus auto kicks me off and closes the webpage saying it protected me from the BAT/Format C Trojan. I am not clicking on any individual message when this happens. Looks like administrator needs to scan for this and let us know when it is clean. Did not see any recent messages that others are also getting this Trojan message. Wish it were a false positive from my antivirus. Looks like a bad one if real. Anyone else?

Comments

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    I also use the ESET NOD 32. I got nothing. You may want to sign off and do a full scan. I think it is on your end. Sorry.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Actually looks like you need to make sure you Browser hasn't been hijacked.

There is nothing wrong with this site.

Before you ask.. I would know if there was a bug coming from this site. Between the hardware firewall and all the other security crap front ending my network just so I can do my job I'd be warned..
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I got the same thing last night and use nod32. Today all is well. It might have been a false positive. Or something in the banners that set it off. BTW I also tried Firefox and it would not load the page at all. Nod32 did not pop up using firefox. Strange.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    False positives are quite possible, but this site is clean
  • Just tried Internet Explorer and got the same warning/disconnect. Have tried it a few more times, and it apparently is about 3 pages back on the list.
    Scanned my puter with 2 different AV's online, and nothing. Hmmmm.......For now, just won't go back to previous pages and see what happens.
    Thanks for the input.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    For one this site is on a Unix based host the virus you described must run on a Windows Based host.

It is not this site.

Search your system for the following files

08869d.vom, 08869e.vom, 088835.vat, 088836.vom.

If they exist remove them. I suggest you do this in Safe Mode.
  • Spaceman Spiff
    Options
    I got the same warning using NOD32/Firefox several days ago.

I assume it is a false positive.

Spacey