Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hanger steak for lunch today

Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Special thanks to Danny the butcher over at Central Market here in Austin! I got their attention when my number was called and asked if they had any Hanger Steaks available. Well, they said it would just take a few minutes, and that they'd have some ready. Ended up with four nice pieces from them, and the price was nice, too! One of those well-kept secrets, like flat iron.

Fired up the SBGE with the cast iron grate and dropped the steaks in, two pieces at a time. They were seasoned with some DP Cowlick and some Konriko Creole seasoning.

IMG_2109.jpg

Here they are all done, medium:
IMG_2111.jpg

Really nice texture, and had a hint of a liver (?) taste them. The way that some of the steak looked on the plate reminded me a bit of tenderloin by the way the striations looked. If you haven't tried these, I'd highly recommend them when you have a chance.

Comments