Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Update of my egg

SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
edited 2:23AM in EggHead Forum
Well after 8 years, I finally replaced my gasket, and band (it was bent, but worked fine), and added a front folding shelf. These are very nice and add greatly to usable space for sauce, spices etc.

P2150053.jpg

Comments

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Lookin good Smokey.I got a great addition for that new band ;) It's sitting in the barn ready to go.Next chance you get,come on by ;)
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    Have to bail on today. The wife volunteered me to make ribs for our neighbors who are coming over tonight (don't know weather to hug her or strangle her, as she just mentioned it this morning).

Thankfully, the gasket, band and shelf instalation went smootly.

I just went to costco and bought a 3 full rack pack or BB ribs.

Smokey
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I don't know what's better,four wheeling,or three racks of BB's.I'd probably go with the ribs also :woohoo: ;) Enjoy your day.Your handle will still be here next time :whistle:
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Great smokey. Where did you get the front folding shelf?
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    So now you've refrbished that egg, and it looks great; what about the medium you bought last year in Nov.?
    BGE HQ now carries it. Install was EZ (15-20 minutes). Mine took the better part of 2 hours, but I did gaskets and band too!
    It's a workhorse (use it the most). I sold the small so the famili is three eggs, large, medium and mini ... one happy family! :silly:
    So you saw the new band has a plain jane handle!!