Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING Carwash Mike

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Mike,
Could you help out a fellow KC guy and post the prep. instructions and recipe for those burritos you had a few days ago. Thanks in advance, and I think we not only share living in the KC area, but, also root for the same college team as well. I think i've seen you use several purple references in the past. Thanks for your help with these.

Jason

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Sure Jason, but it is really simple and easy. Get the largest tortillas, 10-12 inch. I use Silvas.
    For the stuffing just, seasoned ground beef, spicy refried beans and cheese.
    Microwave the tortillas for about 15-20 seconds to make them easier to work with.
    Add any goodies you want.

I use buttermilk at every fold so the tortilla sticks better, might still need a couple toothpicks.
    bur4.jpg
    Pizza setup. Except, don't warm the pzzia stone up with the plate setter.
    bur3.jpg
    I've also used a ceramic baking dish. Don't add the top layer of cheese until about time to pull off.
    bur10.jpg
    400-425 indirect. Baste with either Parkay or eggwash to get a very nice brown and crisp finish.

We could have a heck of an eggfest next year at Arrowhead. There are a few ISU and KSU fans here.
    catbreathe.gif

Mike
  • Mike,
    That would be great!! I know of at least 3-4 people with BGE that would be interested and they are Wildcats also. Thanks for the help with the burritos, I will let you know how they turn out. GO CATS!!!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Shoot me an e-mail so we can cuss and discuss the season. Everytime there is a game at Arrowhead, we buy blocks of tickets. Need to do the same next year.
    EMAW
    Mike
  • Mike,
    Sounds great!! jasonwalrod@sbcglobal.net! Talk to you soon!!

Jason