Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Myrtle Beach

pouchman
pouchman Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Eggers, we are in Myrtle Beach on vacation this week. I searched the forum & didn't find anything. I was interested in finding a place that has good wood chips, bbq spices, bbq sauces. Any suggestions would be great!
I miss my eggs @ home. We drove from Chicago & stopped at a BBQ place in Knoxville. They claimed to have won the best BBQ Ribs in America, (Calhoun's) the ribs were good, but not the best.

Jeff

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    have not been to MB in a few years so i can't be much help there...

there used to be a good pizza joint on the strip near the pavilion but i am not sure if it is still there...

as far as bbq places no help at all in MB but if when you leave you are able to stop in columbia sc mauriece's bbq make some of the best sauce.. their bbq is not so great. but up near spartanburg s.c. (if you head back towards knoxville) right off of i 85 is a place called southern bbq is some of the best bbq i have had.. it is a "lexington style" BBQ place (read eastern n.c.)

but if that is not in your travel plans try a few on the n.c. bbq trail
    here is the link
    http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail_map.html

if you are going to go by southern bbq let me know i will give better directions ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• pouchman
    We are leaving the area on Saturday. We are headed out on US 501 to US 76 west. It looks like we are headed through Spartanburg towards Knoxville again. I would love to find some great bbq sauces, lump, dry rubs ect. Stuff I can't get in the windy city. I thought I heard there was a spice/sauce shop around Myrtle Beach, but I haven't located it. YET!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    when you get to columbia you will hit i-26 and head toward asheville n.c (at least if i was driving from MB to knoxville that is the way i would go)

when you get to spartanburg s.c. you will come to interstate 85 head north until you get to exit for chesnee s.c the highway name is 221 after you get off the interstate turn left. 2 stoplights (one is for the other exit ramp). there is a gas station on your left southern bbq is on the left side of the gas station.. it is proabably 5 miles off i 26 but well worth the trip..

here is a link for a interactive state map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?state=SC

you can zoom in to spartanburg and find your way from my directions

i recomend the coarse chopped plate.. ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Axeman
    Axeman Posts: 24
    The spice shop is located at Broadway at the Beach its off of 21st street. Its mostly hot sauces a few rubs, nice small shop though.
  • pouchman
    I found the shop prior to your post. I bought Bone Suckin Sauce, Colon Cleaner Hot Sauce, Bone Suckin Seasoning Rub, Wing Master Buffalo Wing Sauce. I can't wait to try the Bone Suckin Sauce, I heard a lot about it. I have never tried it!
    Thanks for the lead!
    Jeff