Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flank Steak

Options
ArchDeluxe
ArchDeluxe Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've cooked many flank steaks on my old gas grill, but tonight will be the first run on the BGE :woohoo: The flank has been marinading since yesterday evening. On the gas, I'd just go about 8-9 minutes per side at a medium temp and pull it off by feel? How should I cook this on the egg for a good medium rare temp? Like my old gasser or bump up the temp to around 500* for about 3-4 minutes per side?

Thanks in advance! Hope everyone in FL is staying safe!

Comments

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    500f to 550f; 2 minutes rotate 90d, 2 minutes more; flip and do the same. Let rest. Cut against the grain. What kind of marinade?
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    I throw mine directly on top of the coals that would be in the 600@ range and cook 90 seconds per side.A simple soy and crushed garlic marinade works for me.No other way than across the grain un less you want shoe leather.