Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo 2 from egg accessories

Options
flatpanel60
flatpanel60 Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have the large BGE and thinking of purchasing the Woo 2 for a little more flexibility. Do have the plate setter for the BGE and use it a lot but would like to direct grill at higher level than available with the ps. Any thoughts or is anyone have the woo 2.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i went with tha adjustable rig... with the thoughts that one day i will add more racks...

i figured it had more flexability for the long run ;)

HTH

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    The woo2 is a great product. I have it for my medium and my mini and use them all the time.

For the large, you can't beat the adj rig and spider combo. You get much more flexibility and grid space.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Hey there TV guy,

I've got a Woo2 for the SBGE, and the Adjustable Rig for the LBGE. Tom was running a special on the spider/rig/oval grid for a great price, and in my opinion is a more flexible setup than just the Woo2. Unfortunately, there is not a AR available for the SBGE, else I would have gone that route.

Drop me a line if you have some specific questions...
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Options
    I skipped buying the platesetters when I bought my large and medium, and went with the Woo2 for each. I can see that in hindsight the AR is more flexible, but on the other hand, I have no complaints using the Woo2. Hope that helps.
  • I have the spider and wooII set-up for a LBGE. I also have the AR. The woo came first, and I won't part with it....nothing to adjust at all: just throw in on and there ya go. Paired with the spider it is perfect for us, as we can set a temp of 400° and still get a "lava type sear" by using the med size cast iron grid down on the spider, and then finish the steaks on the woo, farther away fron the fire.
    The AR is very well designed, and is great for multi-grid cooks. With the slide-out oval grids we can smoke a LOT of ribs and keep them all flat, and are still able to get to the grids for basting.
    I don't know how you plan on cooking, but the Woo is fast and easy, and the AR is very versatile.
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    I use the adjustable rig with spider in my large as I wanted raised direct grilling and flexibility for other cooks. I looked at both before I bought. TJV was kind enough to show me both and explain the +'s and -'s (before website), and the adjustable just seemed better for me. A lot of people just use the Woo 2 and are very pleased as well. Get whichever fits your needs and enjoy.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    if you like, feel free to email me. We can discus which is best for you. my email is acgpinc@verizon.net.

thanks to all for the cool comments,

tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • RATRED
    RATRED Posts: 17
    Options
    How do I find out more about the Woo 2? Thanks
  • RATRED
    RATRED Posts: 17
    Options
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    While I really like my Woo2 I wish I had bought the adjustable rig because of the different cooking heights that can be used, if needed.
  • grEGGor
    grEGGor Posts: 109
    Options
    We have the spider and adjustable rig - it really adds some versatility to what the egg can do.

You will be very happy with it!