Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3:06 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those who might just fit the Egghead mold if they make wise decisions.

Long day yesterday punctuated by hour-long increments during which time I performed physical maneuvers similar to 'work.' It felt good to be able to do something constructive, as limited as it was. But all the while I was subjected to a series of medically-reasoned chastizations from spousal unit, neighboring units and visiting units. Twenty-two more planet rotations must occur before I can move to the next stage of recovery. That calculates to 21/6570 of my remaining actuarialed assignment to this planet.

I was in deep hyper-dreamstate when sensors informed me of a pending alert regarding the plumbing system. Rather than wait I decide to verticalize and proceed to the facility maintenance department to man-handle the biofluid pressure release lever, thereby eliminating the threat of disaster. The process worked without flaw or interference from outside sources and in spite of multiple consumptions of a rum based concoction that I have avoided since the recent blood-letting.

The rum intaking was necessitated because of incursions to the Ranch by Eggents Chubby of nearby outpost Cypress, and Lawn Ranger of farby outpost San Antonio. Both enjoyed themselves at my expense before continuing their mission. While amongst us, they exhibited their usual behavior, greatly enhanced by the party atmosphere here at the ranch. The Ranch staff was pleased and enjoyed the visit. I just pretended to enjoy the exuberance of their enthusiasm toward things important and unimportant, and even worthless because I knew their individual schedules did not permit an agonizingly long remaination within the Ranch property. Rum intake ceased upon their departure and life returned to abnormal, well except for the cleanup of debris left over from their intrusion. Management by pretention.

Having performed the facility plumbing check I proceeded to the food preparation area and moved aside the frontal bulkhead of the refrigeration unit in order to confirm the proper functioning of the interior illuminator. The visualization process was greatly hampered by the presence of left-unders from the feeding ritual arranged for the recent visitors. But after some rearranging of product I was able to confirm that it was working to desired specifications.

I cautiously moved toward the external observation portal to check on security. The reason for caution is that earlier in the light period Rodney Dangerbird was released from therapy and permitted to exercise his vocalizations in a controlled setting. He promptly returned to his post, this time without his interpreter, Miss Mona. It was clear that he was confident that he could perform his duties unaided. Well, he certainly got the opportunity when the visitors arrived. He first crowed the alarm but then realized that they were not considered too much of a threat in spite of their appearance. Eventually he would on occasion interject his thoughts and comments into the conversation. What he said made sense to me but the visitors appeared to take his comments with a grain of grain. Even so, he performed flawlessly and is obviously a better bird for all the trouble he went through during rehabilitation. Hopefully, he will continue to perform well for many orbits to come.

Finally, I moved to the Intergalactic Communications Center where I reviewed the many reports of the light/dark period, including my own account and pictorial of the visitors visit. I could tell there were Eggciting events throughout Eggdome and I enjoyed reading the reports. But at the current time period there are only 6 Members and 61 Guests remaining in an active duty status to carry on the chats and chits. But only a few regulars are active in their chatting or chitting. With that I shall return to the confines of the charging station.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "It Has Been A Good Rotation" Chicken
Spring Texas USA