Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Brisket ?? help now with pic!

Options
Eggbert 75
Eggbert 75 Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was suppose to pick up "packer trimmed" brisket but i believe I got too "flat" cuts? How should i cook these ? Roll them or have them flat.....how long of a cook ???? The combined weight is 13.5lbs....kinda think i got ripped as its only 1.5-2" thick (the actually cut)......Any help would be great thanks folks.

Egg
n768040230_3805991_6589.jpg

n768040230_3805992_6897.jpg

Comments

• FearlessGrill
    Options
    Eggbert,

If they'll fit, try it like this...

Brisket%201.jpg

Full writeup of that cook, which was 13 pounds of brisket, cut into two pieces, available at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2008/05/recipe-smoked-b.html.

In terms of cooking time, you want to shoot for 1.5 hours per pound at 220ish degrees dome temp, or until the internal temp of the meat hits 190. Since you have two pieces of meat, you should be OK using the weight of the larger as the guideline, rather than adding them together. That's what I did and it worked fine. If you see its going slow, you can bump the heat to 250ish without too much issue, which will help it cook a bit faster.

Enjoy!

-John
  • Eggbert 75
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, i posted a pic of what they look like......keep them flat or should i use my grill extender....if they fit i'll do them as you suggested.......thanks