Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

vaious grill elevations

Options
Animal Eater
Animal Eater Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've seen some beautiful pictures in this forum. I've seen a few where it appears as though the grate is level with the the sealing gasket. Mine sits a few inches below. What am I missing?
Thanks

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Animal Eater, a brick. [p]A lot of people use 3 half-height firebricks (approx 9x4x1) standing on edge on the bottom grill to hold a second grill. Other folks go the route of using a plate setter turned upside down to hold the one grill. This allows for cooking indirect at this temperature.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    ribset1.jpg
    <p />Animal Eater,[p]Wise One is wise, and correct. Here is a picture of a plate setter (sold by Bge) with a drip pan and another grid on top of the setters legs. It makes a great way to cook indirectly (allows higher cooking temps without burning).[p]Tim
    [ul][li]Tim's cookbook[/ul]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Animal Eater,
    Some of us have used long bolts to create an elevated grid. I don't have a clear picture of ours, but if you look real close, you can see them. Maybe someone will post a better picture.[p]~nikki

[ul][li]ATB's on raised grid[/ul]
  • Charcoal Mike
    Options
    Grill_Setup4.jpg
    <p />Animal Eater,[p]Here is a pic of mine - I used stainless steel bolts to raise it. I have a spare grid, but it seems I used this raised one for nearly everything - less flareups.[p]Cheers -[p]Mike

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    gratedetail.jpg
    <p />Animal Eater,
    Here is a couple of pictures of the raised grid for my small egg...I made one for all my eggs.
    Larry

[ul][li]Extra Grid[/ul]