Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

4lb Butt on Mini egg

emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
edited 3:15PM in EggHead Forum
It took 7 hours and I had to add lump at the 4.5 hour time. Came out great once it sat in the cooler 4 hours in foil and towels. Just used salt and pepper and cherry chips for smoke added apple juice to the dish whille it cooked at 250. Love my mini.
Burritos for a week for the wife and I.

Butt001.jpg

Butt004.jpg

Comments

• Cool B)
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Way to work that thang.
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    Nice work!
    I cooked a mini butt on my mini and I was just about the same as you with the re-load and with the cook going 8 hours.
    Can't find the pic of the pork butt :blush: , here's one of a mini lamb shoulder though. :)
    IMG_3732.jpg
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Looks good. Yes the mini is a usefull smoker and cooker.
    E
  • No butt here, but I've done pork ribs a couple of times and some beef ribs. Not because I had to, but because I could.

IMG_0306.jpg
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    I bet your the first with a cast iron mini grid.

Mini Egg Club is strong and growing. :laugh:
  • I bought the mini as a steak machine for myself so I wouldn't have to fire up the large for a single steak, so a cast iron grate was a natural. It is awesome.
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    What did you use for the CI Grate.

GG
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    emilluca,

How full did you put the lump each time?

GG
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Don't take this the wrong way, but nice Butt!
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP