Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nomex gasket in Canada?

Options
obstructionist
obstructionist Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I called BGE about the nomex gasket, but they won't ship to Canada. Anywhere else I can get one?

Thanks.

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I've stuck with the stock gasket as they last (for me) 6 plus years but if you want one Email me and I'll order it and ship to you.
  • obstructionist
    Options
    That would be great, I'll send some mail.
  • Rib Fan
    Rib Fan Posts: 305
    Options
    Ya I went to my local BGE dealer and mentioned the Nomex gasket and he looked at me like I had two heads. Never heard of it. He is most likely the largest dealer of BGE in Toronto but not a clue on Nomex gaskets but had lots of Rutland to go around.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Evidently most dealer don't know about it. My dealer didn't until I showed mine to him.

GG
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    as a dealer here in Canada i was not able to get it also. so i called the mother ship,there answers was ....they are available but NOT related to the egg company what so ever! and to use and your own risk cause there is a bonding issue! but they also said they are working on a better gasket that should be out soon enough. plus after reading and chating with forum folks seems like the nomex is no better then the regular felt gasket. all you need to do is use your better judgment. i have had mine now for over 3 years and have seared steaks at pus 800 degrees and cooked pizzas at 450, 7 and 8 pies one after the other. plus on a regular basis i let the egg go to nuke temps to clean it all out for hours! do i need a gasket yet.....not sure it sure looks ugly and all crispy but hell it works for me!