Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last nights' endeavor

Options
Cpt'n Cook
Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Left leg chicken quarters and peaches.
ChickenPeaches.jpg

Comments

• FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    What's in the foil?
  • Essex County
    Options
    Looks good. I did peaches last night too. They roasted in foil with brown sugar, butter and bourbon.
    Paul
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Nice endeavor....I've got to add some fruit to some of my cooks.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Gunnar,
    I did this one from America's Test Kitchen last night. No pics, but it was mighty tasty.

Peach-Glazed Grilled Pork Chops

Pork chops are great weeknight dinner option, as they cook up quickly on the grill. We paired ours with a simple peach
    glaze to nicely complement the pork's neutral flavor. Here's what we discovered:

Test Kitchen Discoveries

* For even more peach flavor, we use peach preserves in addition to fresh (or frozen) peaches in our glaze.

* Be sure to pat the chops dry before grilling—if they have too much moisture, you won’t get cook properly.

* For a slight kick, we add a bit of Dijon mustard and cayenne pepper to the glaze.

* Once the chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees, let them rest for 5 minutes to allow
    the juices to redistribute.

Three medium-sized ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced, can be substituted for the frozen.

1 cup peach preserves
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 (16-ounce) bag frozen sliced peaches
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    4 bone-in rib or center-cut pork chops , about 1-inch thick
    Salt and pepper

1. Simmer preserves, vinegar, thyme, and cayenne in saucepan over medium heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 3
    minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup glaze. Add peaches to saucepan with remaining glaze and simmer until peaches are soft
    and glaze is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Off heat, stir in mustard. Cover and keep warm.

2. Season pork with salt and pepper and grill over hot fire until well browned and internal temperature reaches 145
    degrees, about 6 minutes per side. Brush with reserved glaze and cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to platter and
    let rest 5 minutes. Pour sliced peach mixture over chops. Serve.

Source: American Test Kitchen
    Are there a bunch of one (right) legged chickens running around your yard?
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Options
    I'm not tellin. Actually they were sliced sweetened Nectarines for breakfast. I like Peaches better.
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Options
    Oooh, that sounds good I had the Bourbon separately last night. I will try that on the peaches tonight.
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Options
    That sounds good, I will try it.

Thanks
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Options
    No, they are just hopping mostly.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options