Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:12 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those with an off shade of gray in their gray matter.

A lunar cycle ago the initial announcement of my addressing my plumbing emergency activities would be, "And he's off and running....!" No preliminary information because of the last time unit nature of the action. But just as I have been reporting, things are different now. I received a subtle notice that now might be a good time to retract myself from the immediate proximity of the carbon unit recharging station and investigate the area in and about the facility maintenance department. Reading between the lines, I did so in a very controlled and orderly manner and discovered that I could actually intercede in the biofluid pressure buildup process and eliminate the threat of malfunction long before it became a threat. Management by Interpretation.

Having performed the delicate maneuver with considerable success during the current and recent dark periods I am abundant with self praise and jubilation. No longer does my reactivation require that I be in ready-alert status. I can now slowly transition out of one status to the other, knowing that a 'linger' or two will not hinder the outcome. I'm beginning to enjoy this approach to my rituals. Of course, that could change at anytime and I would be back to Management by Reaction.

I thought since I was up and about that I would investigate the innards of the refrigeration unit to observe the functioning of the interior illuminator. It was functioning properly, thank you. No question about it, this is one trustworthy device.

A quick side trip to the external observation portal disclosed that Deputy Larry Ropa had assembled most of the staff and was explaining to them that Rodney Dangerbird had encountered problems that may require some serious procedural changes in security. I listened in for a bit and discovered that he had clearly thought this matter through and was very thorough in his plans. Although Deputy Ropa had no previous plans to become involved in ranch security issues, he has quickly adapted to the situation thrust upon him. The ranch is secure and only he can take credit for the securement. That is a good thing.

Meanwhile, Rodney Dangerbird is this far (holding two grasping digits very close together without touching) from his medi-physical status being reported to me. Only then I will make the decision as to what the next step will be. Miss Mona has approached me on numerous occasions to inform me that Rodney loves his job and would do anything to keep it. Of course I cannot let emotion alone make the decision. I must act according to the best interest of the Ranch. We'll see...

My own status is improving each dark/light period and I am continuing to deflate the pain level a decimal or two at a time. This is good and makes it much easier for me to be around myself.

Finally, a glance at the Forum disclosed very little digital activity among the 14 Members and 173 Guests currently lurking about. They are perhaps awaiting an excuse to report. However, one Eggent, Lola Nuggs, reverted to rare active status in order to report the passing of a known lifeform who only wanted to make other lifeforms smile and laugh. Earlier, Eggent Beli, using pictorials, reported on his recent adventure investigating the culinary and cultural delights of Oaxaca, Mexico, admittedly a remote site that I know very little about. It was, as we say back at HQ, interesting.

The absence of vigorous activity is sufficient reason to return to the recharging station.

Say goodnight Leroy. And goodnight Lola Nuggs.

Spring "A Linger Or Two Is A Necessity On Occasion" Chicken
Spring Texas USA