Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TONIGHT'S COOK: TRex steaks :)

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ran across a really good deal on a prime bone-in ribeye and an organic t-bone steak today. Raising the Steaks on the ribeye, Cowlick on the t-bone:
IMG_1672.jpg

Post-sear:
IMG_1674.jpg

All done:
IMG_1677.jpg

Plated, with some jasmine rice, and a mixture of some sweet onions and white mushrooms in a rice wine reduction:
IMG_1678.jpg
IMG_1679.jpg

Sear was done on the 13" cast iron grid hanging from the spider at 600° dome, and was finished on the adjustable rig at 4.5, while the onion/mushroom medley was done in a cast iron pan at 1.5. Roasting temp was the standard 400°. The steaks came out at 128° and were almost med-rare. Hehe...my wife had to leave for work, so she'll get some tomorrow. The kids and I enjoyed the really nicely done steaks.

Time for some "lemonade" now, while I'm checking out the game, NO 17 ARI 10 w/13:50 left in the 4th qtr. So happy for the NFL being back :)

Comments