Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb burgers tonight - help

Options
Barbes
Barbes Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to do lamb burgers tonight. I have a nice recipe but have never cooked these. Any advice on how to? I was thinking two minutes a side on high-temp sear and then shut down and dwell for ten minutes or so. What works?

Thanks.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i would just grill them at 450, never made lamb burgers though. i would probably shoot for medium rare, they serve ground lamb here from raw to well done (the more you cook lamb the less sweet it tastes to me and it starts to taste more gamey). if you like lamb, give these a try sometime and serve them with a fruit chutney on the side, these are easy and deliscous

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=330427&catid=1
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I cook lamburgers pretty often. I do them just about the same as beef burgers. The main difference is that I usually put a bunch of minced garlic and herbs in them, so it takes them a little longer to cook because of the extra water from the veggies. Then, cooked direct, raised grill with the dome between 375 - 425 flipping 2, sometimes 3 times
    till the meat is 160. Last time it took about 20 min. The patties were a bit more than 1/3 lb at the start, so pretty thick.

Also, try mixing lamb with ground beef and/or bison. Makes for a really interesting taste.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    This will work also.

Lamb, Gyro Burger

INGREDIENTS:
    Gyro Burger
    1 lb lean ground lamb
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp ground cumin
    1/4 tsp salt
    Yogurt Sauce:
    8 oz plain yogurt
    1/2 cup finely minced cucumber
    2 minced green onions
    1/4 tsp sugar
    1/4 tsp garlic salt

Procedure:
    1 Combine lamb, garlic, powder, pepper, onion powder, cumin and salt. Divide into four equal parts and form into patties. Set aside. Preheat grill. Combine all ingredients for the yogurt sauce. Mix well, cover and refrigerate. Place patties on grill over high heat and cook for about 5-10 minutes per side or until juices run clear and there is no pink in the middle. Serve patties on pita bread or hard rolls with yogurt sauce.

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: Derrick Riches

Source: BBQ_U, Derrick Riches, 2007/09/04
  • Barbes
    Barbes Posts: 35
    Options