Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cauliflower

Options
CPB
CPB Posts: 133
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a recipe for roasted cauliflower in cheese sauce on the BGE, anyone have one??

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Here's a link to some recipes on TFN. Someone posted an interesting one here not long ago but I lost it due to a crash. Perhaps they'll chime in with a rerun. My inclination would be to roast the cut up flowerettes with some garlic cloves, both of which have been drizzled with olive oil, in a moderately hot oven (400+). Mash everything, then mix in & top it all with your favorite cheeses and perhaps some onions. Lastly, top with bread crumbs and bake @ 375° until the top is bubbly & brown. I hope this helps and perhaps you'll get some more ideas from Chef Richard et al.

http://search.foodnetwork.com/food/recipe/cauliflower+gratin/search.do?searchString=cauliflower+gratin&site=food&searchType=Recipe
  • CPB
    CPB Posts: 133
    Options
    Great suggestion thanks
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    I made this last week. You blanch on stove top, add fresh basil and rosemary. Lots of parmesan egg 350 degrees indirect for about 20 mins
    DSCN2206.jpg
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    I also had a few fresh mushrooms and a little cheddar
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    i roast mine on the egg whole with a evoo drizzle about 400°. you could surely add the cheese sauce of your choice after .. pics are from full caveman tri-tip dinner [everything cooked on the coals]

caveman005.jpg

caveman006.jpg

caveman016.jpg

caveman019.jpg

caveman020.jpg
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here you go:::

Casserole, Cheesy Cauliflower

"This is my Grandmother's recipe. It is a must for all holiday meals!"I

4 oz saltine crackers
    1/2 cup butter
    1 large head cauliflower,
    steamed
    1 pint cream
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup shredded Jack or Colby cheese
    1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
    cheese
    1/2 cup sour cream
    Salt & Pepper to taste
    1 DIRECTIONS:
    2 Preheat your oven's broiler.
    3 Crumble salted crackers into a small bowl and mash them with butter until soft. Place steamed cauliflower into a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
    4 In small saucepan, combine cream, sour cream, and mayonnaise with wire whisk. Bring the mixture to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in cheese until melted. Pour this sauce over the cauliflower. Crumble the butter and cracke
    5 Place the casserole into the preheated oven and broil until golden brown.

Servings: 8
    Preparation time: 10 minutes
    Cooking time: 5 minutes
    Ready in: 15 minutes

Recipe Source
    Author: SWOkla-Jerry

Source: BGE Forum on 2008/08/02

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mikejc1003
    Options
    bill Interesting way to cook. How long does it take to cook the cauliflower using the cave man meathod?