Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question regarding DigiQ II

Options
Jeet
Jeet Posts: 43
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I want to order the DigiQ II. Upon placing the order I had to choose a fan. I was thinking of getting the Pit Viper 10 CFM however in brackets it states "no hook". I am not quite sure what that means or whether or not it is important for my large BGE. Would you recommend the 4 CFM?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Mike P.

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Go with the 10cfm. You can always choke down the blower. As a matter of fact, I'm using a 1/3 setting for my LBGE, and a 1/4 setting for the SBGE. The hook is there if you want to mount the DigiQ to the fan housing itself. It comes with a stainless steel stand.

{Edit: It comes with a stainless stand, so you may or may not want the hook on your fan.]
  • Jeet
    Options
    10-4 Mike. I will purchase the 10. Thanks for the advise!

Mike P.
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    greetings,
    i have both of the fans you mentioned. i use both for my larges and my medium. they both do a competent job on either. if you get the 10 and have to throttle it by half or more then what is the difference in using the 4 unthrottled ???
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Mike,
    I always want the biggest and the best. I have a 10CFM.
    Ross
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I had the same question when I ordered.

I talked to Shotgun Fred at the factory. With the large he told me to get the Viper 10 CMF. The higher volume has come in handy when I wanted to get the egg started and to temp quickly.

I then move the slider to 1/3 volume for cooking. It works out really nice.

GG
  • Jeet
    Options
    Thanks for the advise guys! I placed the order for the DigiQ II and the Viper 10 both should be coming in tomorrow. I plan to cook a butt this weekend. Wish me luck. Publix has them on sale.

Mike P.