Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburgers

Options
RickC
RickC Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's the best recipie and method for doing Burgers on the BGE?

Comments

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    Rick C,
    Did 5 last night. I heated the egg up to approx 550, threw some Jack Daniels smoke chips in with the lump, then put the burgers on..... dunno how terribly smart that was b/c I was getting some pretty wicked grease flairs, but they sure tasted good. If I remember correctly, I think I had them on for around 3-4 minutes per side.
    -Joel

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    Rick C,
    Here is what I did on the last batch ( Its a mix of recipes I have found here). Comes out great. I took two pounds of ground beef. Use meat with the most fat content. mix in about half a cup of Lee & Perrins steak sauce. I then shreded chedder cheese and mixed in as well. Next I added 1 egg. ( It holds the meat together better). I let them sit for about 20 min. I fired up the egg to about 700. (Great sear) Cook them for a 3/3/4. My wife states that the cheese mixed in makes it moist.

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Rick C, if you are not eating burgers Al La BBQFAN then you may as well eat crow![p]Mop
    [/b]