Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight is Swordfish nite

Options
dublin
dublin Posts: 140
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wife and I are having Swordfish tonight.
Found a nice recipe on the forum not to long ago, so I decided to give it a try.
It’s a Southwest style recipe consisting of Cumin, Mayo, Lime Juice, Sour Cream, Salt and Pepper.[p]Put salt and pepper on fish,
Brush with oil
Sprinkle cumin on fish and pat into fish.[p]In another bowl
Can’t remember measurements but add
Mayo
Lime Juice
Sour cream
Garlic
This is left a room temp and put on top of Swordfish when fish is cooked.
Sounds yummy[p]Smoked with Alder wood chips (Thx to KennyG)[p]I will go 500* for 4-5 minutes each side, take Swordfish off the egg and wrap in foil for the remainder of the cook.[p]
Dublin

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    dublin:[p]If I may suggest, consider cooking at a slightly lower temperature - 375º/400º - and nix the foil.
    [/b]
  • dublin
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]Might just take you up on that.[p]How do I know when it's done as swordfish is pretty thick.
    I just ordered a Thermapen, so other than looking for flakey skin i won't know when it's ready.
    Foil was just a safier way of knowing.[p]How long would 375* take each side.[p]Dublin
    BTW. Thx for the advice.

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    dublin,[p]Here's that recipe.....[p]Southwestern Fish [p]2 pound(s) Fish
    4 teaspoon(s) Cumin powder
    2 teaspoon(s) Salt
    2 teaspoon(s) Black pepper, coarsely ground
    6 tablespoon(s) Sour cream
    6 tablespoon(s) Mayonnaise
    3 tablespoon(s) Lime juice
    1 clove Garlic, crushed
    pinch Salt[p]PREPARATION:
    Season fish with salt and pepper.[p]Coat fish with dusting of cumin. Pat firmly into fish.[p]Brush fish with oil and grill to your doneness.[p]Combine remaining ingredients and whisk together.[p]Serve Lime Cream sauce on top of fish. Let come to room temp before serving.[p]Stogie

• dublin
    Options
    Stogie,[p]THATS IT
    Thx for posting it Stogie
    Have you ever tried it?????

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    dublin,[p]One of my favorites![p]I take pride in the fact I only post recipes I have tried, so you can feel "safe" whenever I post one. [p]Good luck and let me know what you think.[p]Stogie
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    dublin:[p]Typically, 1 1/2" fish steaks are done in about thirty minutes or a little less. How did your shark come out?
  • dublin
    Options
    Stogie,[p]One word, Awesome, I loved it, cooked Swordfish at 375* 10 minutes each side.
    Sauce was wonderful my wife even liked it.
    It was her first time having Swordfish.[p]Will make again.[p]Dublin