Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1:53 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those who take no serious responsibility for their cooking actions.

Another 'feel good' day that is being interjected with a great deal of residual surgical pain. And I'm liking it. Yes! Even my plumbing issues appear to have been improved. Not once have I had to revert to 'emergency' mode when the plumbing alert went off. I just select a forward motion gear like 'amble' and amble myself to the facility maintenance department where I casually acquaint myself with the various apparatii involved in the biofluid pressure release process, activate same and enjoy the follow-up and highly soothing sanitizing steps. It is a pleasure not to be rushed, and the pleasure is all mine. I sure hope this isn't dreamstate I'm in.

I remained in the amble gear while transferring myself to the food preparation area where I performed the refrigeration illuminator confirmation check. It was working properly and within the new 'green' protocol. I even stood there 2.243 base time units longer than was necessary.

I then ambled on over to the external observation portal where I could best view the Ranch grounds. From this vantage point I could also clearly see the Coop and Rodney Dangerbird's security post. He was there but tied up with the staff going over some last time unit changes in entertainment plans for the current two earth rotation periods. Rodney appeared to have everything under control so I left him to his duties and moved on.

I was making my way to the communications center when I realized for the umpteenth time that I felt good. In fact, a neighboring Rancher and his spousal unit performed a neighborly act earlier in the rotation and delivered an assortment of medicinal Blue Bell frozen dairy products for my personal enjoyment,,, I mean pain and suffering comfort use during recovery. The inventory came with a well-wishes card that when opened it started a soothing Brown, James musical interlude, "Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good. etc al." Such friendly neighbors are good to have around, especially when it comes time to feed the wet-pets when we are absent from the Ranch.

We discussed at length the 'knifing' I took to my keel and how other long-broken parts are apparently being mended as a side affect of the surgical repairs. But I had only moments earlier intook a matching pair of pain reducing devices causing me to slowly drift around various sites in the solar system until I could run them off and return to the recharging/recuperating station.

I have since recovered sufficiently to know which outpost I am currently assigned. I glanced around at the Eggent inventory list and found 16 Members and 88 Guests actively doing very little. I will take that as encouragement to return to the recovery center.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Ambling Along Like A Tumbleweed" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    Options
    Sounds as if things are going well Leroy. Thats great
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Glad to see you are still alive this morning! ;) Got another couple days and the throb should tone down to a dull ack! :blink:
  • Spaceman Spiff
    Options
    Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Spacey
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    hey leroy

sure am glad you got your keel fixed, and you don't have to sit around every day saying "damn that mad max for sending this keel splitting pain my way" .. .. but on the other hand, it did make you think about me on a regular basis! :lol: now i'm worried you may forget about me alltogether, and that would be a real shame :(

on a wierd note ...ever since you got your keel fixed the other day, mine has been back to hurting me for the first time in over two years .. . you didn't somehow get that bone and stick shaking witch doctor of yours to somehow send that keel hurtin disease back up here to virginia did you??? cause thats just not right if you did!! . . .
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    hey leroy

sure am glad you got your keel fixed, and you don't have to sit around every day saying "damn that mad max for sending this keel splitting pain my way" .. .. but on the other hand, it did make you think about me on a regular basis! :lol: now i'm worried you may forget about me alltogether, and that would be a real shame :(

on a wierd note ...ever since you got your keel fixed the other day, mine has been back to hurting me for the first time in over two years .. . you didn't somehow get that bone and stick shaking witch doctor of yours to somehow send that keel hurtin disease back up here to virginia did you??? cause thats just not right if you did!! . . .
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Glad to hear your keel overhaul has improved your refrigeration illuminator confirmation checks. NOBODY checks a fridge like Spring Chicken. I'm hoping Spring Hen is doing well too. I'm sure she must be relieved as well.