Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg talk 2000 miles apart

Options
PhilsGrill
PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's amazing who you can meet on this forum. People from all walks of life doing anything. I have been emailing Grandpas Grub this past week attempting to help with his issues when he called. Not going into detail about everything, but in about 1 minute while we where talking, it was like talking to my brother or a long lost friend of 20 years. 2000 miles apart, and we have BGE's in common, that was it. We talked a good hour and a half about... well, about everything. Traded ideas about grilling, probes, temperature, gaskets, food and recipes. You name it, we talked about it.

We have ideas that may help others that we will post as the need arises, but I met a very good friend tonight. Hope other can do the same.

BTW... here is how long we talked. Notice the outside air conditioner on the right ;)

beer1.jpg

Comments

• Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    I'm with you, this forum is fantastic. Anytime I have had a question or problem it's a matter of minutes then someones there with input. I can only hope that any advice I throw out there is helpful. I won't go into the last time I had a Tecate'. Not now anyway :) Have a nice weekend, Brett Looking forward to an EGGFEST in Arizona, soon, hopefully.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Dude, do you have a dealer up there that would be willing to do it? I'd be happy to help with the details but it really takes a willing dealer to supply the Eggs. Otherwise, we could just get together somewhere for an informal fest. I know of several forum members that have expressed interest in a PHX fest. April would be a perfect time. -RP
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Phil,

It was great to spend some time with you. I enjoyed the conversation and ideas.

Hope dinner turned out good.

I tried to take that picture but the camera pick up what I wanted to show you. Maybe some iunside illuminaton will work.

Thanks, Kent
  • jamiemeyer
    Options
    Two observations;
    - a short conversation due to low beer count
    - fan is not turned on

Next step:
    Long conversation in heavily A/C facility

Good friends are hard to find, go to the limit to keep them!

:woohoo:
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Actually, fan was on. Fast Camera.